Adam S. Auchey
“He obtained a dismissal for our company before a judge and in a jurisdiction in West Virginia that I never believed possible.” Client Testimonial for Adam Auchey
Adam Auchey is a tenacious litigator who has represented individuals and small and large businesses in high-stakes civil matters for more than a decade. His knowledge of the law and attention to detail have allowed him to routinely handle his clients’ most difficult cases while uncovering the true facts of those matters, which have resulted in the joinder of liable parties whom the plaintiff did not even sue.
Since joining the firm in 2017, Adam has advised and defended clients in civil matters involving products liability, premises liability, trucking and automobile accidents, and catastrophic personal injuries. He routinely analyzes contracts and other litigation documents to ensure the most favorable outcome for his clients.
As a result, Adam has had the privilege of managing the day-to-day litigation activities of Fortune 500 and Fleet 500 companies in federal and state court proceedings throughout the country.
Based upon his history of obtaining favorable results, Adam has also been admitted pro hac vice to handle complex and catastrophic matters in other jurisdictions, including Ohio, Delaware, and Florida, on behalf of his clients.
Since he was young, Adam has dedicated his free time in service to his community. Today, Adam serves as a coach for youth sports teams for Seneca Valley Baseball & Softball Association and Seneca Valley Lacrosse Association. In addition, he serves as a volunteer judge for Seneca Valley Senior High School graduation projects. Moreover, Adam founded and operates an adult recreational softball league. He previously served on the Board of Managers of the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA for six years.
Undergraduate:University of Tampa, B.S. in Criminology, cum laude, 2004
Law School:The Pennsylvania State University, The Dickinson School of Law, J.D. 2007
- West Virginia
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Obtained summary judgment based on the statute of limitations and “relation back” analysis for an employer in a deliberate intent action in West Virginia, successfully demonstrating that the plaintiff had not committed a “mistake” as required under West Virginia Rule 15(c)(3) and its progeny
- Obtained judgment on the pleadings in a products and premises liability matter for a small Pennsylvania-based company against a prominent oil and gas company’s claims, successfully invoking the exclusivity provision of Pennsylvania’s Worker’s Compensation Act upon review of the contract between the parties
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a national property owner in a premises matter based on a contract between the parties, requiring the snow removal company to defend and indemnify the property owner
- Obtained an arbitration award in favor of an insurance company improperly sued in a premises liability matter in Pennsylvania
Back to team page