Joni M. Mangino
“Joni supports and encourages the firm’s client focused approach in dealing with all aspects of civil litigation”
Joni Mangino is a Shareholder at Zimmer Kunz, PLLC and is one of the original members of the law firm since its formation in 1988. .
She has been a practicing attorney for over 30 years and is an experienced trial attorney, concentrating in matters ranging from toxic and environment torts, institutional liability, civil rights, malpractice liability and employment litigation matters, with an emphasis on product liability and employment discrimination. She has defended various religious organizations and non-profits in claims and suits alleging discrimination and physical, mental, and sexual misconduct. Joni also represents various licensed professional in disciplinary and civil court proceedings.
Throughout her career, she has defended employers, contractors, manufacturers, and suppliers of various types of products in numerous jurisdictions throughout the country. . Ms. Mangino litigates cases for various clients and engages in creative solutions to litigation disputes.
She is licensed to practice in four states, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and New York and has appeared in each of these jurisdictions .
Joni Mangino graduated from Duquesne University School of Law where she was a member of Law Review. She is also a graduate of Westminster College and was a member of the honorary Mortar Board. Following college graduation, she was employed by Chubb & Son Insurance Company as a litigation specialist for five years, handling all types of complex claims including but not limited to medical, dental, and psychological malpractice, toxic torts, and products liability. Joni’s experience covers all aspects of litigation from pre-suit investigation to trial of cases in both federal and state courts. .
She has served as part of the management of Zimmer Kunz for over 15 years and is acting President of the Board of Directors. Ms. Mangino is a member of the Academy of Trial Laws of Allegheny County and has also been involved in various non-profit organization over the years. She currently serves on the Governance and Nominating Committee of Catholic Charities and has been a Board Member of Catholic Charities for several years.
Outside of the work, she is the proud mother of three adult children.
Undergraduate:Westminster College (Pa)., B.A., 1980
Law School:Duquesne University School of Law (cum laude), 1985
- Law Review
- West Virginia
- New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- 1986-1995 – National Association of Insurance Women
- 1987-1995 – Pittsburgh Claims Association
- 1992-2000 – Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- 1985-Present – Member, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations
- 1996-Present – Member, West Virginia Bar Association
- 1996-Present – Member, Monongalia County Bar Association
- 1997-Present – Member, Allegheny County Academy of Trial Lawyers
- 2003-Present – Member and Liaison for The Harmonie Group
- 2004-2007 – Board of Governors, Allegheny County Academy of Trial Lawyers
- 2006-Present – Member, Defense Research Institute
- 2017 – Present – Board of Trustees of Catholic Charities
- State trial courts and administrative agencies in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio
- Pennsylvania appellate courts
- Federal District Courts of Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- Pennsylvania Multi District Litigation
- 1985-1988 – Meyer, Darragh, Buckler, Bebenek & Eck
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Associate Lawyer
- 1980-1985 – Chubb and Son Insurance
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Claims & Litigation Supervisor
- A founding member of Zimmer Kunz, PLLC and Vice President of the Board of Directors from 2010 – present
- Litigated products liability and asbestos cases in West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio before State and Federal Courts
- Litigated Federal Court actions filed against Defendants by the EEOC for alleged discrimination practices
- Managed and negotiated thousands of cases for multiple clients in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio and served as National and Regional Counsel
- Tried employment discrimination cases under Title VII and the Americans with Disabilities Act before Federal Court